Thursday 28 March 2024

Michael Holiday--Peter Dawson--The Stargazers--Walter Glynne--Suzi Miller--Tom Barrett


 We seem to have a left hand and right hand divide on this selection "Pop" Versus Bass Baritone / Tenor / Baritone !

1. Hot Diggity......Michael Holiday
2. The Man With The Yaller Shoes......Michael Holiday
3. I Travel The Road......Peter Dawson
4. My Sword And I......Peter Dawson
5. Celebration Rag......The Stargazers
6. I Love Love Love It......The Stargazers
7. I Dream Of A Garden Of Sunshine......Walter Glynne
8. Passing By......Walter Glynne
9. I Love My Baby......Suzi Miller
10. The Money Tree.......Suzi Miller
11. Will The Angels Play There Harp For Me......Tom Barratt
12. Old Pal......Tom Barrett

Singer Tom Barratt was present on a large number of recordings, especially dance band ones, from the mid-1920s to the early 1930s, mainly those directed by Nat Star and Harry Bidgood for Sterno & the Vocalion Group respectively. He was also vocalist on many Edison Bell sides and those directed by Debroy Somers and Stan Greening for Columbia & Regal. Almost nothing is known about him or his career outside of recordings, but it is thought his main work lay in the music halls or the theatre.

          9. I Love My Baby

1 comment: